Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year Musings

So Welcome to the New Year.

I swear I was just posting this same thing a few weeks ago, not 12 months ago.

Its been quite a year and because of that I really didn't do nearly as much as I wanted to with my blog.

I am counting on this year to be less stressful and more satisfying.

Life with the kids is just as fun and entertaining though.

Sometimes I think my mind was just created to be dirty because I can twist so many things into a double entendre its not even funny.. well maybe a little funny....

The other day Jeffrey & Katherine were discussing the merits of different types of candy. Jeffrey expressed a desire to try jawbreakers. Katherine in her childlike innocence said "Oh I dont think I'd like jawbreakers. I don't like to put anything round in my mouth. Especially if its hard. Because you have to suck on it and suck on it until it finally gets small enough to swallow. I just don't think I would like that."

Um, yeah, OK. I had to leave the room. I'm sorry kids that your mother has a mind that wanders into the x-rated territory probably more than it should.

In other news......

I am on the weight loss band wagon for real right now. Im wearing the Bodybugg so it can tell me how lazy I have been and motivate my sorry behind to move more often. Its working. We bought a Lemond spin bike so we can do cardio at home and not have to haul ass to the gym just to walk on the treadmill.

Jeff has been an avid biker most of his life and really loves being able to be on a bike again, even if its not actually going anywhere. At least he wont get hit by a car which seems to happen to an awful lot of people out here in our neck of the woods.

I also have biked in the past.... when I lived in Hollywood I used the Hollywood Reservoir to ride and loved it. But its been years since then and getting back on a bike has proven quite taxing on the rear end. Its going to take a couple of days to get used to it. It hurts to sit on anything right now.

I got me some super cool biking shoes too. The kind that lock into the pedals. I feel important and professional!

The first bike shop we went to had a complete jerk working there who took one look at my out of shape self and decided he not only didn't have to be nice to me, but could talk to me like I was an idiot as well. Telling me that the new shoes clips Jeff was buying for his bike shoes wouldn't go on my regular tennis shoes, that I would need to buy a pair of REAL biking shoes if I wanted clips... no shit sherlock.

But yesterday I got lucky in the way women love to get lucky. We stopped into a bike shop in our travels out to Ventura and lo and behold not only was the guy working there nice to me, but he found me a pair of $189 Cannondale bike shoes in my size on sale for $49. And then he came back and said we were in extra luck because on Tuesdays between noon and 2 they had a lunch special and we got an extra 10% off. BONUS POINTS!!

Take that mean guy at the other store! I now know where I will be taking my biking business from now on.

1 comment:

Tink *~*~* said...

you should send Mean Guy At The Other Store a link!

tee hee hee

Tink *~*~*