Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beach Day

So here we are 2 weeks into summer and I'm ready to pay the school district to reopen and let my kids go back to class.

I think I can probably find another few parents who would also be willing to chip in.

Yesterday was our first beach day of the season and even though it takes about half an hour to drive from my house to the shore, it still managed to take me almost 2 hours from the time I backed out of the driveway to the time our feet hit the sand.

I kept wondering why I was schlepping four 10 and 11 year olds to a place that would by definition cause them to get sand stuck in every imaginable crevice so they could bring it home and deposit it starting at the front door, through the living room, down the hall, into the bathroom, into the bathtub, onto the towels, back down the hall and into their bedroom and into bed. My vacuum is going to have a nervous breakdown.

This has been the toughest week to get even a second to sit down on the computer and do anything but list on ebay. I will be the happiest person on the planet when I am done with listing auctions. In the mean time though, it puts food on the table. Which seems to be a necessity when you've got 3 kids living under one roof. Especially a 16 year old boy. With size 13 feet. I should just get him a feedbag. It might save time.

I gotta get back to work but here are a few snapshots from today:

Olivia calling to the chickens on the shore:


Those waves are stronger than they look:




 I am thinking Jeffrey is doing his own rendition of "I'm a little teapot".


I do love the waves:


Katherine and Olivia looking for shells:


And then stopping for a snack: