Saturday, July 2, 2011

ARGH! and OOPS!


Damn it...... Where did the week go?

Well part of it went into going back to the sadist dentist (any wonder why those words sound so similar?) and having to have my poor mouth packed with this stuff to help it heal since is wasn't.

Happy to report that at least that seems to have worked.

But in other news, it was a big week of OOPS! and  ARGH!

Two (count 'em TWO) times this week I was innocently sitting on the sofa enjoying my morning coffee when it suddenly got a mind of it's own and did a triple gainer into my lap. Which then also included the couch and the carpet as well.

When it happened this morning Jeffery immediately went into "fix-it" mode (after I flew into the air with a string of colorful language that should have been bleeped out) . "Mom.. it's Saturday, the best day of the week, so nothing bad can happen right? This wasn't too bad was it? You can fix it right? Can I get paper towels. Can I help you clean it?"

It was hard to be too upset after that.

And for the ARGH portion of the program, I give you our dinner last night.

We are all sitting around enjoying some really good hamburgers chatting and feeling relieved that the evening was  getting cooler when the dog started sniffing around and looking out the door.

Now this is a big deal with the dog because if you miss her cues she is likely to go to the SAME damn spot in the den and piddle. (Insert irritated face here).

So I told Katherine to take her out and make sure she went.

Katherine carried her out and about 2 minutes later brought her in and announced that she had peed and pooped. (The dog, not Katherine in case you were wondering.)

OK good. I thought, now she's good for a couple of hours.

"OH NO!" Jeffrey looked horrified.

OH crap.. that's never a good thing to hear out of your kid.

And I looked down and indeed Oh Crap was the right term to have used.

Apparently if you do not give your shaggy dog a Brazilian wax of the behind they have the tendency to get hanger-on-ers.

And what does a dog do when it gets into one of these unfortunate situations?

It sits down (on the carpet) and proceeds to butt-ski in a zig-zag line along said carpet until it manages to dislodge all of the offending hanger-on-er.

OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP!

I'm not sure if I was stating the obvious or just really pissed off.

I think it was a little of both.

I grabbed the dog and tossed her and her poopy rear out the door.

When I turned around I noticed that no one was left at the table.

Way to be supportive guys.

Turns out only the kids abandoned me, Jeff had hustled to the laundry room to get the carpet cleaning machine.

The machine did the trick but I couldn't use it to clean the dog, so I had to carry her in (at arms length), throw her in the sink and bathe her (for the second time this week).

Today I am going to look into the butt waxing thing so as not to have to go through that all over again.

Seeing as this weekend is going to be over 100° for the next 3-4 days, I may decide to wax the entire dog and not just her rear.